Thursday, April 23, 2009

mama earth globe cake...






In honor of EARTH DAY... Here's our mama earth cake. 
Daddy and daughter were VERY eager to eat it... 
BUT the rush job was due to the "is it done yet???".  Only made it half way with the continents... (sorry europe and asia)... and the powder sugar dusting was supposed to be clouds!
We listened to a great song ...

With my own two hands by Jack Johnson  (listen here)

"I can change the world
With my own two hands
Make it a better place
With my own two hands
Make it a kinder place
With my own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands

I can make peace on earth
With my own two hands
I can clean up the earth
With my own two hands
I can reach out to you
With my own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands
I'm going to make it a brighter place
With my own two hands
I'm going to make it a safer place
With my own two hands
I'm going to help the human race
With my own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands
I can hold you
With my own two hands
I can comfort you
With my own two hands
But you've got to use
Use your own two hands
Use your own
Use your own two hands
With our own
With our own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands


Our recent reading...






Plus I loved this week's "A chef's table" on NPR (which you can listen to online below)...

On NPR this week on A Chef's Table ... a great episode you can hear online which talks about :

"It's been said that eating is not only an agricultural act, but also a political one. But it does make sense that how we eat can make a lasting impact on our environment - the problem is figuring out what choices really matter. Paper plates? Organic Vegetables? Bottled Water? This week we examine some choices. From replacing veal with buffalo to entertaining tips that don't fill up the landfill with one-time products, we'll discuss the quandries, questions and curious solutions to "living green." We'll talk to the author of "The Ethical Gourmet," discover a winery that composts four-star meals, and talk to the Soup Peddler. "

also This week's featured books:

Ethical Gourmet: How to Enjoy Food That Is Humanely Raised, Sustainable, Nonendangered and That Replenishes the Earth
by Jay Weinstein

The Era of Choice: The Ability to Choose and Its Transformation of Contemporary Life
by Edward C. Rosenthal

Soup Peddler's Slow and Difficult Soups: Recipes and Reveries
by David Ansel, Liza Ferneyhough (Illustrator)

Serve It Forth
by M.F.K. Fisher

Simply Green Parties: Simple and Resourceful Ideas for Throwing the Perfect Celebration, Event or Get-Together
by Danny Seo

Starting with Ingredients: The Quintessential Recipes for the Way We Really Cook
by Aliza Green




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails