Thursday, April 1, 2010

When Sophie gets angry-really really angry by Molly Bang





Sometimes I feel like I am constantly telling Honeypie to
 "stop whinning, stop crying, stop that tantrum, stop that...NOW. 

and I'm reflecting  how much of that is me repressing her emotions...   

 I do not want to have her NOT feel. Not to express her negative emotions, her anger or frustration.  
 So I am working on being mindful right now of not repeating patterns of my own past.    How growing up I too had to ... shut up, sit down, "stop crying ... or the world is going to swallow you up!"... and how that in turn has affected me...  

I am  taking more patient time to stop and listen to her, to see why she is going in that direction and how we can communicate together in a positive way to work through her anger or even that moment frustration.  It is working really well.  Good communication and patience (for both of us) being such an important thing.


          We have been reading a good book that deals with anger, 
When Sophie gets angry- really really angry by Molly Bang and it  has  helped 
to create good conversations between honeypie and I ... 
(though I do not agree with sophie who storms out of the house into the forest to calm down...!!!).  It helps bring to light that everyone gets angry and that anger can be upsetting or even frightening.  But that it is important to understand what to do when you are feeling those strong angry emotions.   


Here's another good book recommend...
"When I feel angry" by Cornelia Spelman










as for me...what do I do???

I have a habit of holding on and loving my anger...
 putting it in my pocket 
not inside myself but 
in that breast pocket you put your protractor and pencils in... 
i like to caress it 
like a brand new baby 
and in time...
in time...
vomit it out like that movie scene from "Stand by Me" ... 
you know the one...

hmmm... :)... 
i am work in progress. ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails