Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Currently reading ...

Here are a couple of books we have been reading and/ or are planning to read this year.
Honeypie is obsessed with horses, unicorns and fairies.
This book is a how-to guide on taking care of horses and learning all about them. It has some 3D features. Great for any little horse lover.










This is a cute series.




This series has beautiful illustrations.




We have been reading tons of Laura Ingalls Wilder books, so this will be a great book to follow. It is a biography about her with tons of photos . I love "DK" books.







And who doesn't love Pippi???
We have been listening to the audio book and following along with the book.




And on Mama's bookshelf??

I don't have time for fiction nowadays. I tend to feel like my life is ticking away while I sit and sloth through a story...
(at least right now in my life.)
So these are more up my alley.

Love this book!
I started the pointy elf hat. Super easy.







And this one is on my to-do list.




Honeypie and I have a couple of projects to make from this great book!




Our next project together is this cute doll. There are a couple of patterns that are easy to make with kids.




And of course new cookbooks...
Love Indian food!




Delicious!!




Oh boy! Chestnut ice cream!




Can't wait to try some of these recipes. This book was recommended by one of my teachers at the natural gourmet institute in NYC. Great recipe on how to make miso (takes a year) and how to make tempeh from scratch using black eyed peas, oat groats and kombu.




And...




Making these this week.




Making this tonight...




And these tomorrow!




And on Daddy's bookshelf?...







Great reads for 2011!

What's on your book shelf?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Of all those books, the only one I have read is Eating Animals. (Love it!) The Urban Vegan recipes look amazing though, I wonder if I can find a copy at the library? And mmm Miso soup, my favourite thing about going for sushi is the soup. :) Looks like you're going to have a tasty new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi melissa! Definetly don't buy the urban vegan... I have been making some dishes from it and they really lack some umph! (little flavor and loosey goosey instructions, :( what a waste! ) ...boooo . I am going to stick to all the Isa Chandra Moskowitz books. She is dead on , on flavor and everything is delicious. There is nothing more disappointing than spending a lot of time on a recipe only to have it be flavourless. no? check out Isa's blog...
    http://www.theppk.com/
    post punk kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails