Friday, July 9, 2010

Plastic bag holder

This was made with love for my depeche mode, earth loving friend, Judy and her newly renovated kitchen which is by the way, kick-a$@!!

A sewn and hand embroidered bag to hold and recycle supermarket plastic bags .
(If you are a child of the 80's, you'll get the pun!)

I embroidered the hand and words on a piece of denim cloth about 14"x25"... Depends on how long or wide you would like it.
(But I bet you could use an old set of jeans and cut off a leg for this ?)



I hemmed the top and bottom but on the bottom seam I made it wider so that I could stick a ribbon through.




I sewed a ribbon on the top for hanging.




And this is a close up of the bottom seam with the ribbon through .







This is what it looks like finished.







And here it is stuffed with bags!




^_^ easy !

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails