Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas in the big apple.

We took a couple of days off from homeschooling to do some nostalgic holiday roaming through NYC. Growing up there as a kid, I used to take city for granted but now, years later, I reminisce of those fragrant chestnuts roasting in food trucks, salty pretzels, all the holiday lights, the shows and strolling through the streets for store window browsing.
Holidays is the city are beautifully magical and it is so special sharing it with my little girl.

What can compare to the gorgeous Rockefeller tree?





and iceskating there amongst the bright lights?







The seeing the singing light display and window displays at Saks 5th ave?




Now that I am a mama...
An annual visit to the American girl cafe is so sweet to share tea with my best girl !







A visit to the famous Magnolia Bakery for their "Rockettes" red velvet cupcakes is a must ...













Add a beautiful night at Lincoln Center seeing the Nutcracker Ballet.




(Daddy and girl going in hand in hand.)








Daddy's girl .




And finally a great day at Radio City Music Hall to see the beautiful Rockettes!! (It had been so long!).



















Here she is...
Loving the bright lights - big city.





And for mama...
Ohhhhh, wagashi heaven!!!

















Beautiful days in the city .
(I guess you can take the girl out of the city but not the city out of the girl.)

Now on to merry making at home... where the heart is.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean Clara, I miss all the "vibes" of an NYC Christmas-- and I have only been gone from the city for a bit over a year. :[

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget you are not in NYC anymore!! :( Crazy how we miss the city once we are away from it no? hope you are doing well jesse and enjoying what life is presenting you! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails